At the dental practice of Dr. Robert B. Ruyak, DMD we understand that the selections of toothpaste can be overwhelming when stepping foot into the oral hygiene aisle at the drugstore. Should you go for tartar control, fluoride, sensitive or whitening toothpaste? When it comes to choosing the toothpaste that is best for you, it’s important to consider your unique oral health needs. To find out what those are, we recommend scheduling an appointment with us; meanwhile, here are some options to consider while browsing:
- Anti-cavity: This type of toothpaste contains fluoride. Fluoride plays an active role in preventing decay, and it actively strengthens tooth enamel.
- Anti-gingivitis: If you spit blood in the sink, this is an early sign of gingivitis, a mild form of gum disease. Anti-gingivitis toothpaste helps reduce oral bacteria and can be very effective at stopping gingivitis in its tracks.
- Desensitizing: If you’ve ever bit into an ice cream cone and felt a sharp pain in your tooth’s nerve, this type of toothpaste will provide relief by blocking the tooth’s pain signal to the nerve.
- Tartar-control: This toothpaste does exact what it says, however, the best way to remove tartar is by scheduling a professional dental cleaning with one of our doctors.
- Whitening: This toothpaste contains chemicals that are able to help maintain the natural color of your teeth.
If you are missing teeth and would like to discuss your restorative options, please give us a call. To learn about the services we provide at the practice, visit www.drrobertruyak.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Robert B. Ruyak, DMD in Bethlehem, PA, call 610-861-0777.