When you brush your teeth, you help remove food and plaque – a sticky film that forms on your teeth and contains bacteria. The longer plaque is left on your teeth the more time it has to break down tooth enamel and lead to cavities. As much as we love to see your smile here at the practice of Dr. Robert Ruyak, DMD, we want you to keep it healthy and utilize these brushing tips in between professional cleanings.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and don’t forget to floss!
If you need assistance maintaining your oral hygiene routine, give us a call. To learn more about oral hygiene services provided at the office, visit www.drrobertruyak.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Robert Ruyak, DMD at his practice in Bethlehem, PA, call 610-861-0777.